Michael here having a go on the blog –
I just returned from a great trip to Mundri. I travelled with a friend, Scott W., who has been doing some health work in Uganda and was evaluating the health needs in Mundri. The church in Mundri gave us a warm welcome – we were really blessed by their hospitality. One big news event is that the bridge over the Yei river, which was destroyed during the war, is finally being rebuilt. This will greatly improve access to Juba and will put Mundri on what will soon become the main Juba-Rumbek road – one of the primary trade routes in Southern Sudan. We also began clearing the land at what will become a church office / ministry center / World Harvest Mission. Despite the hot, dusty weather at the end of the dry season, it was cool and comfortable at night and we sat under the stars telling stories, laughing, and praying together. I am really excited about the friendship and ministry partnership that is growing between us and the church in Mundri. I’ve been home for a few days and now am back to Mundri again to introduce some of our mission leaders, board members, and partner-church pastors to Mundri. Keep us in prayer.
Michael
2 comments:
keep up the good work. I was in the area in May 06... It changed my life!
Keep up the good work. I was in the area in May 06... It changed my life.
Alison Walker
Post a Comment