
Nestled into Lenten season this year is "40 hours of Karen". While my loved ones planned these events to honor 40 years of my life, I was struck that it was within the 40 days of Lent. For a brief moment I thought how insignificant celebrating ME in this season was, now I am more convinced of how RIGHT it is, because we are celebrating Life.
God gave me life 40 years ago. He created me: body, soul and spirit and settled me into a loving family. Because of His intense love for us all he wanted us to be close to Him. He longed to restore us to close relationship with Himself, restore us to deep relationships with others, bring order and peace to the world. That required sacrifice, death. He willingly gave His Life in exchange.
As we celebrate Christ's resurrection at the end of Lent, we celebrate new birth, new creation. My life is abundant and I have the hope of more abundance, peace, and love to come because of Christ's resurrection. The goodbyes, moving, missing, longing will be gone. Abundance.
I celebrate 40 years of God-given life in these "40 hours of Karen". I celebrate new, abundant, on-going life in these 40 days of Lent. I am grateful for Life.
4 comments:
Congratulations, Karen!! You've sacrificed a lot of comfort for the greater good of the kingdom in those 40 years. You will be duly rewarded.
Grace and peace to you in the next 40!! No eye has seen...
Karen, you are beautiful. Happy 40th. I seek to emulate you as I turn 40 next year...
I am more than a few days behind in reading emails and postings but want to join in the celebration of your birthday and life! We will celebrate again with you in spirit when our Fellowship Group meets this coming Sunday evening.
Thank you for the update on your team, when I can find my ducks to put them in a row, I'll respond back more fully.
May God's grace continue to flow over your lives.
- Beth L
Happy Birthday Karen! Looking forward to speaking with you soon from the Sending Center.
--Caitlin
Post a Comment