Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hunger

The rains this year have been erratic.  Much of what was planted a few months has been lost due to lack of rain. Some corn has been harvested, though.  Many are concerned about how they will make it through until next year, as there was not much to store away.

We have heard a prediction that there may be unseasonal rains later this year.  Pray for another planting season and provision for the year to come.

2 comments:

Jay B. McCoy said...

Hey Karen,

My name is Jay McCoy. I'm friends with Eric and Nanette in Philly and Kyle Shimabuku in Ventura. Anyway, I follow your blog and I appreciate the updates. We're praying for you in Ventura, CA.

Kim A. said...

We are so blessed here. Despite a poor growing season (to cool and to much rain) we are no where near hungry. We always have plenty of food. We'll be praying for rain, and sufficient crops.