Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Moving us and our stuff

It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff we move around with. We are away from our home for 3 weeks and will be moving around to 5 different locations (Kampala to Sudan to Kampala to Jinja to Kampala). We can't carry much on the MAF plane tomorrow morning. Tonight, in the dark, because of load shedding, I packed up 7 trunks of our stuff and extraneous stuff...and that is what is staying behind at the guesthouse. Preparing for a journey can really wipe you out, especially a journey within a journey.

So, trying to move around the city with 3 children and no car or husband for the past 2 days and packing up has left me resourceless. I have nothing left to give. No reserves for my kids. No energy to pour into the wonderful people I'll be visiting in Sudan. Please pray for me that I'd dip into God's limitless pool of love and offer it freely to those I'll be with (as well as soak it in myself).

No comments: