You may have wondered why there has been a long delay in
communication. The technical challenges in Mundri are great. That is
compounded with the fact that my computer was stolen while in
Bundibugyo, where there seems to be a marked increase in the break ins
on the mission.
I have a new computer now and while switching to a Mac is great, it
still takes time to figure out how stuff works.
Currently, Michael rides his bike over to MRDA, a local NGO, and is
able to send and receive emails a few times a week on his computer.
Getting my blogs and updates onto his computer has also been a
challenge. It is tricky to figure out which format to save things in
and transfer them to his PC. The blogs I was trying to transfer are
over a week old now, sharing about stuff that happened a month ago.
The whole internet struggle is also why I am not able to post pictures
just yet, I've tried and the internet doesn't seem fast enough to load
even one picture.
Also, sometimes when I want to use his computer to read email or write
them, he is using it and I am having trouble doing the dance of
computer sharing. I will attempt to use another email address for me
and send stuff directly from my computer. We'll see.
Just know that you all are not forgotten, you are appreciated. I hope
to get things going a bit smoother and be filling you in better.
Thanks for your patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment