Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kyle’s Arrival

 

It has only rained two times this year:  the weekend just before Ian and Larissa’s arrival and now the night before Kyle’s arrival.  Rain is a wonderful blessing and so are our teammates.

 

After a decent trip from California to Philly to London to Entebbe he is finally in Mundri.  The short stay in Kampala allowed him to get over some jet lag. 

Ian and Larissa are old hands now and joined in getting Kyle familiar with the lay of the land.  He’s learning how basic life works on our compound like navigating the water: drinking, sun shower, teeth brushing, dish washing.  You can forget how complicated the process is until you need to explain it.

 

Kyle came bearing goodies from various people!  Thanks for the treasures, it is so exciting!

 

We look forward to getting to know Kyle and sharing in part of the journey God has for him.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

OK, Karen. I am way behind. What's a sun shower? I'm hoping it's the container of water that heats up in the sun and not a dust bath :)
Are you using goats as a milk source? I'm picturing your home in Bundi and wonder how this one compares? Hang in there with home schooling, I am amazed with those who are naturally equipped for it. You get to be super-naturally equipped, imagine what your kids will be learning and how He will fill you all! You keep writing when you can. Sorry for the long pause in communication. We'll keep praying!

Jennifer at Purposeful Nutrition said...

Hey Karen,
I can sure relate to all you are saying. Homeschooling my kids has been the most rewarding and most challenging job I have ever had. I love the relationships that have developed b/c of it. And I am often juggling lots of food prep things too like you - making bread, etc.